Monday, June 18, 2007

DAILY

I began the evening working on the AR database. Debbie was back today from her long weekend off. She's take charge when she's around and I like her for that. She assigned Lynn who I've slightly worked with to help me. I suggested she look up call numbers while I worked on the database. This proved really helpful as she was super fast at looking them up!

While we worked in the Guild Room we had good conversation. Finally someone I can talk to and somewhat relate to. Someone I can be "real" with and they understand my point of view. I tried the same tactic with Rob and he seemed weird about certain topics and hesitant to open up and share. Same for Kirsten, funny she's not even 30 yet. Lynn who graduated a few years ago and is younger than Kirsten, was able to carry a conversation. The evening got off to a smooth and good start thanks to this working situation.

I came out to shelve books later and finally for once stuff wasn't on the bottom (floor shelf). I concentrated on the author last name instead of the spine label then title of the book. Uptown here I have to use author first and more than 5-6 letters deep. At my library at school its simply spine label, then first two letters of the title. Less books at school in specific ranges than PPL. The smaller collections only compound the problem! The fact I know the shelves and locations better this week only make things faster too.

Lynn got off at the typical 5:30. She was able to look up the remaining pages for me...what a huge help! I motored my way through the rest of the list and was able to finish Menominee's list around 8:15 tonight. I put in a solid 2.5 hours of my shift working on completion. I feel like I've reached a milestone. However the next list for Jefferson awaits. I got the list out and sat it next to my PC ready for tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be saddled with it the remainder of the week.

No comments: