Wednesday, June 20, 2007

DAILY

I went into today with my own laptop. I made myself available to the children's folks. I'm at a point where they really don't need my help. Plus today they were overstaffed with the Polish papercutting program going on this afternoon. The fact it was in the afternoon and I needed the morning to work on my redesign made things work perfectly.


I took a study room and started working. Having my own PC and a quiet room made for a great environment. I worked non-stop till 12:30. With Linda coming on at 1:00 I wanted to squeeze in lunch prior to working with her in the afternoon.


When I arrived back from lunch around 1:30 Linda was very receptive to my efforts. She didn't seem hesitant at all and was anxious to see what I'd assembled.


We worked the remainder of the afternoon tweaking things...in between interruptions from patrons for needs, questions, etc. I ended up doing most of the tweaking she watched over my shoulder. It didn't take much to convince her of Dreamweaver's prowess.

I was really proud of the work I'd assembled. I was worried Linda would'nt be as receptive. She was really interested and genuine. I wonder if she realizes all the sub pages need to be consistent with the index page? This will take a lot of work for her to transfer stuff however the template is well in place.

I took the liberty of choosing a background color and creating a new banner graphic. I tried to be tasteful in each and every way. I constantly was reminding myself of the scope of the public library...its different than teens. Trying to appeal to a HUGE array of users and tastes was a challenge. Ultimately my background color choice was changed to sky blue instead of a deep maroon. I

spent the remainder of my shift working on getting links to work and tidying things up. There's a lot of tweaking to be done before I'm ready to say its done.

No comments: